The Peak at Toa Payoh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Peak at Toa Payoh

A Place to discuss on HDB DBSS Project especially The Peak @ Toa Payoh

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Recommendations for Synthetic Wicker Furniture for Balcony?
 mention the long-standing sanctions against Khartoum. Washington still lists Sudan a I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 12:31 pm by Theresia

» LATEST WINDOW TREND IN SINGAPORE
 mention the long-standing sanctions against Khartoum. Washington still lists Sudan a I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 12:25 pm by S-ONE

» Grooming up Balcony Tips
 mention the long-standing sanctions against Khartoum. Washington still lists Sudan a I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:24 pm by alan lee

» Curtains, Rollerblinds, Shades, SolarFilms
 mention the long-standing sanctions against Khartoum. Washington still lists Sudan a I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:55 pm by S-ONE

» LED lighting
 mention the long-standing sanctions against Khartoum. Washington still lists Sudan a I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:45 pm by gracegan

» Covering the Planter
 mention the long-standing sanctions against Khartoum. Washington still lists Sudan a I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 3:10 am by parklife

» Renovation Tips for HDB/DBSS Flats
 mention the long-standing sanctions against Khartoum. Washington still lists Sudan a I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:49 pm by Mengc84

» Planter Box Solution! ( High Quality Chengal Decking )
 mention the long-standing sanctions against Khartoum. Washington still lists Sudan a I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:34 am by Lai

» Reno Guidelines
 mention the long-standing sanctions against Khartoum. Washington still lists Sudan a I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:33 am by Lai

mention the long-standing sanctions against Khartoum. Washington still lists Sudan a

Go down 
AuthorMessage
stargame95

mention the long-standing sanctions against Khartoum. Washington still lists Sudan a Empty
PostSubject: mention the long-standing sanctions against Khartoum. Washington still lists Sudan a    mention the long-standing sanctions against Khartoum. Washington still lists Sudan a I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 2:09 pm

Single mattresses sale
snack vending machines
US President Barack Obama said in a statement he was "proud to declare that the United States formally recognises the Republic of South Sudan as a sovereign and independent state upon this day, July 9 2011".

He said: "A proud flag flies over Juba and the map of the world has been redrawn. These symbols speak to the blood that has been spilled, the tears that have been shed, the ballots that have been cast, and the hopes that have been realised by so many millions of people."
Continue reading the main story
At the scene
image of Peter Martell Peter Martell BBC News, Juba

A sea of people filled Freedom Square in Juba, next to the mausoleum of the late John Garang, the rebel leader who led the South Sudanese during the civil war. They waved flags and screamed in happiness as South Sudan officially became with world's newest nation.

The wild crowds surged forward, dancing for hours in the baking sun. Several people fainted in the heat but the mood was ecstatic. When the giant flag of South Sudan rose on the 30m flagpole, men cried, women ululated and thousands waved flags in a blur of colour.

A host of world leaders spoke on the podium, but the real party was at the back of the site where thousands danced to traditional drum beats.

* South Sudanese celebrate their divorce

But he did not mention the long-standing sanctions against Khartoum. Washington still lists Sudan as a state sponsor of terrorism.

In his speech to the independence ceremony, Mr Bashir said: "We congratulate our brothers in the south for the establishment of their new state. We share their joy and celebration. The will of the people of the south has to be respected."
Back to top Go down

mention the long-standing sanctions against Khartoum. Washington still lists Sudan a
Page 1 of 1